Understanding Grounding Part 2: Circuits and Equipment is the ninth DVD in the 2011 Mastering the NEC series. This vital DVD has been revised and updated with the National Electrical Code requirements that have changed.
Electrical professor Mark Shapiro provides a complete account of Understanding Grounding and how it relates to the updated NEC code.
The 2011 Mastering the NEC series of DVDs offers visual instruction as well as practical explanations on the latest NEC Code changes that were made and how you can apply them on the job.
Topics covered in the Understanding Grounding Part 2: Circuits and Equipment DVD:
- Introduction, Kaufman’s Research
- Grounding for Computers & CNC Controlled Machinery
- Sizing Grounding Conductors
- Sizing Grounding Conductors for Feeder Taps
- Types of Equipment Grounding Conductors
- Bonding Receptacles to Outlet Boxes
- Grounding of Switches
- Splicing & Bonding Ground Wires
- Color Coding
- Ranges & Dryers
- Replacing Ungrounded Receptacles
- Surge Arresters & Surge Suppressors
- Grounding & Bonding Jumpers
- Hazardous Locations
- Separately Derived Systems
- Feeders to Second Buildings
Designed to help electricians, designers, supervisors, contractors and maintenance personnel understand the NEC, Mastering the NEC 2011 DVDs can also be used to train and re-train electrical staff.