2017 National Electrical Code, Paperback
Stay up-to-code with the 2017 National Electrical Code:registered: from W Marketing.
Hundreds of changes in the 2017 edition NEC® bring you up-to-code and ready to address new sources of electrical power.
Throughout the United States and around the world, NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC) sets the foundation for electrical safety in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies. The 2017 edition of this trusted Code presents the latest comprehensive regulations for electrical wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and installation of equipment.
NFPA 70: NEC has been published since 1897, and a rigorous process of review keeps it up-to-date with new technologies. In fact, more than 4,000 public inputs and 1,500 comments went into the 2017 NEC alone. Hundreds of updates and five all-new articles pave the way to a safe and efficient electrical future.
Major additions reflect the continuing growth in renewable power technology.
The newest NEC addresses the advancement of privately owned wind and solar power generation and distribution equipment -- including coverage of higher voltage systems that were once only the utilities' domain. The new consumer role is a major factor in energy decentralization, and expanded NEC coverage is vital for designers, engineers, contractors, and AHJs.
- Large-Scale Photovoltaic (PV) Electric Power Production Facility (New Article 691) covers systems that produce at least 5 megawatts (MW) of power, or enough to power 800+ U.S. homes.
- Energy Storage Systems (New Article 706) governs ESS installation, disconnection, shutdown, and safety labeling.
- Stand-Alone Systems (New Article 710) covers power production sources that are not connected to the grid, including PV and wind-powered systems.
- Direct Current Microgrids (New Article 712) concerns independent energy distribution networks that allow the utilization of power from dc sources to direct-current loads. Microgrids are on the rise worldwide.
Other NEC revisions protect the public and workers from deadly hazards.
- New labeling, such as detailed arc flash hazard warning on equipment, helps workers and supervisors assess electrical risks.
- New minimum space clearances for equipment installation clarify the safeguards needed to protect installers and maintainers.
- Fixed Resistance and Electrode Industrial Process Heating Equipment (New Article 425) presents needed regulations for industry.
- Revised provisions for AFCI and GFCI protection improve electrical and fire safety in homes.
Be prepared to protect lives and property in the ever-changing electrical landscape. Order the 2017 National Electrical Code.
Work with the latest requirements governing public and private buildings, homes, and structures; outdoor yards and lots; utility equipment; installations that connect to the power grid; and consumer-owned power generation systems and equipment. The 2017 NEC is better aligned with the safe work practices in NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. (Softbound, 888 pp., 2017)
Interested in other editions of the NEC? Use the drop down menu above to select the edition year you need.
Other versions of 2017 National Electrical Code are also available. Contact W Marketing for Wholesale Pricing.