NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Handbook, 2019 Edition
Editors: Richard J. Roux, Barry D. Chase and Christopher D. Coache
Apply NFPA 72® correctly from the start. Be first with the 2019 edition of the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code® Handbook.
Navigate the changing world of fire alarm and signaling systems with help from the experts who know NFPA 72 best. Now in its 9th edition, this renowned full-color Handbook from NFPA® helps you answer questions, verify interpretations, and apply the 2019 edition of NFPA 72 correctly from the start. Efficient design and installation of fire alarm, carbon monoxide, and emergency communications systems require a clear understanding of provisions and the "why" behind compliance. Nothing compares to the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Handbook for solutions and expert support.
Updated to reflect recent changes in the Code and in the field, the Handbook puts a wealth of information at your fingertips:
- The full text of the 2019 edition of NFPA 72 provides the latest requirements for the application, installation, location, performance, and inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm, carbon monoxide, and mass notification systems and components.
- Authoritative commentary -- written by experts -- gives you an insider perspective.
- "Closer Look" features provide in-depth, detailed explanations.
- Charts, tables, color photos, and other graphics clarify concepts.
- Code changes are shaded, so they're easy to spot.
- System Design Tips help architects and engineers avoid common errors in application that can result in costly delays or charge backs.
- Updated FAQs answer questions from the field.
- Code excerpts from other standards are highlighted in the commentary providing better discussion context without the need to locate other documents.
- The "NFPA 720" icon indicates requirements added to the Code from NFPA 720, Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment, which has been withdrawn.
- The "FM" icon indicates material in Chapter 14 of special interest to facility managers.
- Annexes address performance-based design, and voice intelligibility for voice/alarm systems.
- Technical changes from 2016 to the 2019 editions of NFPA 72 are explained, including major changes such as carbon monoxide detection incorporated from NFPA 720.
- Greater explanation and discussion pertaining to fire service access elevators, occupant evacuation elevators (OEE), and occupant evacuation operation (OEO).
- Changes pertaining to Ethernet wiring for fire alarm systems and mass notification systems are explained and detailed in the commentary.
Get the facts you need to work confidently and correctly as you apply the most advanced edition of NFPA 72.
Engineers, contractors, consultants, designers, architects, and AHJs can be more efficient and effective working with the 2019 edition of the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code® Handbook. (Hardbound, Approx. 1,216 pp., 2019)